Hey everyone!
Sorry I haven't updated in a little while. We had our last class on saturday. It was a short day. They had a cake for us to celebrate finishing our class hours. On Sunday we went to Grace Community Church which John McArthur is the pastor of. They had a service about music because their music leader is leaving after 30 years of work there. After the service we went to their Disability Ministry where they sang a few songs (a few of the disabled people actually played the instruments and sang), had a message about Abraham and being patient, and had a snack. It was very interesting. This boy named Caleb came up to Catrina and I and he actually tried to sit on her lap. The people who work there came over and told him that he has to sit in his own seat. He kept wanting us to make noises with our hands. He really likes it a lot but the people who help out try to discourage it. After the disability ministry we went to the Getty Museum to look at some art. That was pretty fun but not as fun as when I go to museums with Ian. It's a lot more fun to look at art when you have another artist with you.
Today we weren't sure when we were going to be picked up to go to the beach. James came at about 9:00AM and I wasn't even ready yet so they had to wait for me. As they waited they played pool. We went to Santa Monica near the pier. It was pretty fun. There was a ton of traffic on the way back.
Tomorrow we get picked up at 7:00AM in order to go to Murrieta for the Family Retreat. We have to pack up everything from our dorm room before we go. I'm doing some laundry so that I can have some more clean clothes. Please pray for the family that I will be paired with and that I will have wisdom in helping them and that I will do a good job. I'm not sure if I will have internet where I'm going so this may be the last entry for a week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment