Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 3 - The Second Day of Class

So last night when we got back to the drom I took two of my roommates, Le Anne, and Catrina to the Student Union Building to use the computers. Catrina ended up leaving soon after that but Le Anne stayed to work on her first response paper while I played a little bit of farm town :P. Le Anne and I made our way back to the dorm and decided that we were going to watch a movie. While Le Anne showered I built a makeshift couch out of pillows, blankets, and my sleeping bag. We watched Radio Flyer and then we both went to sleep. When my alarm went off this morning I was so tired that I put it on snooze. Eventually I got up, got ready, and the van picked us up at 8:00 AM.
When we arrived we had breakfast. I ate cereal and a bagel. The speaker for today was Kathy McReynolds. Many of you may know that this was the professor of my class last semester called The Theology of Suffering and Disability. Her topic that she was to cover was Theology of Disability and Bioethics! All to be covered in 5 hours! She covered a lot of interesting points about the problem of evil which is something that is a very difficult topic. I dealt with these questions when they were brought up in my Theology of Suffering and Disability class at Biola, but I am just realizing that I still don't have too much of a grasp on it right now. She also briefly went over the topic of Bioethics which was interesting but very complicated. I would need to hear more about it to fully understand. I am looking forward to finishing reading Joni's book How to be a Christian in a Brave New World. It goes over many of the issues that are brought about in the topic of Bioethics such as baby cloning, designer babies, etc.
The classes are tough to get through since they are about 5 hours long (including breaks) but the information that I am learning is amazing and crucial. Dinner is in about an hour and I can't wait to see what we are going to be eating! Lunch was amazing! We had a choice of beef or turkey meat loaf with potatoes, and cucumber and tomato salad. The company that they chose to feed us is great! Soo delicious! I'm also excited to see what fun will be going on in the dorm room tonight. Instead of pillows and blankets to make a couch we're going to use mattresses. That will be way more comfortable to watch a movie. I hope everyone is enjoying my updates. I'll write again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment